My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://phillipa-ashley.com/blog and update your bookmarks.

Phillipa Ashley

Monday, July 17, 2006

Dangerous Liaisons

I went to the Bullring in Brum today and was grinning from ear to ear to see the first Little Black Dress books on the table at the front with all the chicklit. Nearly told a man tidying the shelves but restrained myself.

The last time I went to the romance section, an armed shoplifter was tackled to the ground and arrested. Today we got evacuated from Borders Starbucks because of a 'sinister' power failure. Today I asked if I would I get a refund on my cappuccino and a savage looking assistant told me coffee was the last thing I should be thinking about. Cheeky bugger - I can get very menacing without caffeine.

I was there for research purposes, of course, and also to get some shoes ( I am SO shallow) for the Headline 20th anniversary party on Thursday.

The party invitation was stylish, enigmatic and calculated to have any woman squeaking with anxiety.

Dancing, drinks and canapes - OK, that I can do.
7pm-3am - THREE am? Threeeee.......eeeek!
Dress: well.

Um... dress well?

Should I wear my abseiling outfit?








4 Comments:

  • At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh, sounds like fun! Yikes on the bookstore incidents. Sounds like food for a new book. :)

    And the man had better give you a refund on the cappuccino!

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger Jessica Raymond said…

    How rude of the shop assistant!

     
  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Phillipa said…

    Hi Ray-Anne.

    Not sure whether to blog about it or not and name names. It was fabulous!

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh come on. Name names. We want to know.

    It's called "living vicariously" :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home