My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://phillipa-ashley.com/blog and update your bookmarks.

Phillipa Ashley

Friday, May 26, 2006

Pip takes the plunge




This morning, I had a very nice experience: several lovely cheques through the post. Unfortunately they weren't for me but for the LAMRT - the Langdale & Ambleside Mountain Rescue team.

On Monday, shine or probably rain, I'm going to dangling off a rope at The Roaches. No, not a giant insect theme park, but a stunning upland area of Staffordshire, on the edge of the Peak District.

I'm going to be abseiling - which is a key scene in Decent Exposure - to raise money for the LAMRT, which is entirely funded by voluntary donations. So far we have enough money to kit out some lucky soul in lightweight waterproofs (see their wish list on www.lamrt.org.uk).

If you know my address and think you could help, please send me a cheque payable to LAMRT and I'll forward it to the team. Otherwise, please visit their site for details of how to donate.

All this has been made possible by Phil Barber, who runs an outdoor pursuits shop (www.outdoorco-op.co.uk) and also happens to have featured in the Guinness Book of Records for abseiling down a TV mast.

I'll post the pics here if and when I live to tell the tale.

Pip xx


PS -For a panoramic and rather worrying view visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/360/roaches_2.shtml

3 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going to be manning Splatte ye Ratte at Muncaster's Festival of Fools on Monday - also for a good cause.

    On the whole, I'd rather be doing what I'm doing than what you're doing.

    I know The Roaches. The worst bit is hovering at the top, trying to work up the courage to go over .... Good Luck! :o)

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger Phillipa said…

    Moira - Splatte ye Ratte sounds fun - is this at Muncaster Castle in Cumbria? Lucky you, the view from the terrace really must be the finest in England. And all those lovely owls - have a great day.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Muncaster Castle it is, Pip. And yes ... that view is quite something. Pity it's raining as at 7.40am ... :o(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home