My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://phillipa-ashley.com/blog and update your bookmarks.

Phillipa Ashley

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Losing IT...



I hope that's got your attention!

Hi and welcome to my blogging debut

I'm a 'virgin' novelist. Whew, that sounds weird. The thing is, I've always been a writer, mostly of articles, brochures and ads etc but it wasn't until January 2005 that I decided to try and write some fiction.

I finished my first novel, Decent Exposure later that year and finally plucked up the courage to send it to an agent in spring 2006. She loved the book, signed me up and a few weeks later sold the book to Headline Publishing for their gorgeous Little Black Dress series.

I'm a blog virgin so please bear with me. It has taken me a week to find out how to clear my cache - it required an extensive course of antibiotics but I've finally cracked it. The symptoms involved multiple postings of Gerard Butler. He is exactly what I have in mind for Will Tennant, the mountain rescue hero of my book. So, risking catching the disease again, I've posted a pic of Gerard looking mean and moody.

Oops.... looks like I caught Gerarditis again.

Well, you get the idea. 'Will's' forearms are one of the first things Emma (the heroine) notices about him. If you'd like to find out what else she likes - and hates - you'll have to wait until October 2nd 2006 but you can pre-order the book now online at Amazon, Waterstones, Borders, WH Smith and Tesco.

More news soon about the abseiling challenge I'm taking part in to raise money for the Langdale & Ambleside Mountain Rescue Team, who helped me with the technical research for Decent Exposure.

18 Comments:

  • At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Pippa! What great news. Roll on October, I can't wait for what promises to be a brilliant read.

    Maggie xx

     
  • At 3:10 AM, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.
    Have fun.

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh MrsB, nice pics!!! Congrats on your quest for blogness! Your girls on the other side will definately be over!

    Cassie :-)

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pip, I just knew you and I were in tune. Gerard Butler is actually *mine*. But...oh, okay. I'll share him with you. (As well as a million other women with extremely good taste in sexy men.)
    Can't wait to read your book. Sounds fabulous!
    Luv Flutter

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger no said…

    Hey there! Well done on your blog, its looking good! Can't wait to get the book, and october 2nd is my birthday too!! rrren (from C19)

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Donna Alward said…

    Congrats on getting the blog going Pip!

    Oh and incidentally, nice pics. :-)

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Christina B said…

    Good for you, MrsB, on your new blog and your upcoming book!I'm sure It'll be a big hit-especially since the main character is based on Gerard Butler. Yum yum!

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to see you've got the blog up--have fun with it and I'm looking forward to your book!

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Phillipa said…

    Thanks everyone - somehow I imagined that I would just post this and noone would notice.

    Julie - you must be so busy.I'm deep in line edits right now.

    Great to see my C19 and Harlequin cyber friends meeting up too.

    Abseiling report and Richard Armitage profile coming soon...

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great blog Phillipa!! Looking forward to reading your book so roll on October. And may I just say, I think I'll be liking Will very much!!

    nora xx

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some of the nicest people I know are hopeless GB fans. It's very, very strange.

    Nice blog, Pip ... GB-obsessed or not. :O)

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on the blog, Pip - can't wait to read the book!
    Steph xx

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Hey Phillipa! Congrats on the sale of your first book. Super exciting!

    And if you can keep those GB pictures coming, that would be nice too.

    Ally

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Blogger Nell Dixon said…

    Hi Pippa, nice pics!

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi.Phillipa,
    Just found your blog.Will look in often now.Looking forward to your book coming out
    Love
    Elly

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Jessica Raymond said…

    Welcome to blogworld! Now I finally know who you sold to as well -- I'm rubbish at working out clues on the boards :)

     
  • At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantastic photos! One of the benefits of being a published author is having the opportunity to do things you might not ordinarily do. Good for you, MrsB!

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know exactly what I think of the book!!!!!!

    But Gerard Butler as Will - NEVER!!!

    Congrats.

    Welshvalley

     

Post a Comment

<< Home